Native American Business Development
Sister Sky Inc.’s #nativeSBA training team has designed a completely new and culturally appropriate curriculum for the Native Business Development Empowerment Workshops. In a virtual Empowerment Workshop, you have the opportunity to:
- Attend a LIVE webinar or watch recorded webinars at your convenience – pick the webinar schedule that works best for you, and access online Sister Sky Inc. E-learning to complete modules at your own pace.
- Receive real-time instruction in LIVE webinars from our #nativeSBA training team, who are experienced trainers and role models in Native business development.
- Meet peers and colleagues, people just like you who are on the journey of founding their own small business!
- Receive technical assistance during and after the workshop to ask questions, get support, work directly with instructors, and find business development resources in your region to move your business forward.
- Join the nationwide #nativeSBA virtual community on Facebook and stay connected after your class ends!
- CEUs – Complete the course and earn credits from Salish Kootenai College
Our Empowerment Workshops help Native business owners and entrepreneurs grow and become successful. Choose a virtual session that fits your schedule and learning style. We offer the following two formats:
2-Days: Covers 4 Modules a day (6 hours a day)
2-Weeks: Covers 1 Modules a day (MON-TUE-WED-THU) (90 minutes each)
About the Modules
Module 1: will orient the participant to the world of entrepreneurship as well as build the confidence and motivation for a would-be entrepreneur to see themselves as a successful business owner.
Module 2: is designed to develop effective marketing strategies to sustain a successful business. Market research blends consumer behavior and economic trends to confirm and improve your business idea.
Module 3: will introduce the basic structure and operations of business. Participants will determine the best business structure for their business. Realize the operations necessary to run a successful business.
Module 4: will explain the basics and purpose of cash flow and how it impacts your business activities. Learn how to make cash flow projections and determine break-even.
Module 5: is about the importance of and reasons for keeping good records. Participants will have a business records plan and know the reconciliation process.
Module 6: gives a brief overview of the process and requirements for financing a business. Know their options for funding a business and be knowledgeable about a personal financial statement and business tax forms.
Module 7: is designed to introduce the concept of a pop-up economy, a nationwide trend. Understand what a pop-up economy offers to would-be entrepreneurs and existing business.
Module 8: explains the importance of business resources and capacity building. Identify business resources important to building a small business.
Continuing Education Credits (CEU)
Sister Sky Inc. is thrilled to announce that continuing education units (CEUs) are available through Salish Kootenai College (SKC) for participants who complete an online Empowerment Workshop.
- 1.5 CEUs available
- Submit your course completion information to SKC’s online portal – apply and receive your CEUs all online!
- You will receive the link to submit your CEU information in the Sister Sky Inc. E-Learning site when you complete the course.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.